John and Susannah set up home in the Parish of St Cuthbert, Bedford
where their only children two daughters were born. The eldest
Mary was baptised at St Cutbberts on 17 June, 1764. Their second daughter Susannah our Great grandmother was baptised on 17 November at St Cuthberts. It is probably because he had no sons to carry on the name of Kenworthy that both the families of the daughters incorporated this surname into the family.
Both daughters married young, Mary when she was eighteen on 4th April, 1783 at St Cuthberts to William Brown. They had at least
two children, Joseph whose descendants now use the surname Kenworthy-Browne and Sarah who died unmarried at the age of 60 in 1833. Mary died at the age of 37 on 5 April 1801.
Susannah was 19 when she married William Biggs at St Cuthberts on 30 December, 1784.
In 1786 John Kenworthy carpenter and joiner employed Robert Howard, a journeyman carpenter. Robert Howard did not live
in with John Kenworthy, as was sometimes the case.
John Kenworthy must have been of some standing in the community as in 1792 he was one of the men elected by the chief inhabitants
as trustee of a property belonging to a charity trust. The other trustees were the Rector, Rev John Pemberton, John Parker, doctor,
Thomas Warr, porkseller, Thomas Carver, baker, John Whitehouse, schoolmaster, and John Baxter, victualler.
On 6th May, 1795 Susannah Kenworthy died and
was buried in the Moravian Churchyard on 10th May. His daughter Mary
died in April